Sunday, June 16, 2013

I Found Godly Treats on The Near Southside in Fort Worth!!

After getting my cappuccino fix at Avoca Coffee on Magnolia Ave my wife and I took some time Saturday morning to hit the near Southside vendors on the corner of S. Main street and E. Daggett Ave (They're out there most Saturday mornings). What I love about the near Southside is that it is truly up and coming. People with a real vision or snatching up very affordable property and making the neighborhood quite hip and exciting. What really gets my mind & stomach going is the food being created, food that makes my mind sizzle, and food that makes my stomach feel as if it is having an affair on the rest of my body. We are talking visual and tasty stuff going on here.

Today's treat I will share with you comes from Fianco a Fianco. Owner Robyn Schwartz has fused together two of my favorite things; cheese and cookies. Displayed so lovely on the table were an awesome selection of cookies with different cheeses. There was the Feta with dried cantaloupe and almonds, the Camembert with dried kiwi, and Gorgonzola with hazelnuts and honey to just name a few. As I read each one my mouth began to water. I felt like a crack-head that needed a fix; only my fix was the Brie cookie with candied chestnuts and chocolate. OH MY GOD!!! Can you say heaven? The contents of the bag are now gone, and looking back I should have bought a few more. But, this gives me something to look forward to. For $8.00 a bag it was more than worth it and I can't wait until I indulge in the other flavors. You need not wait for me though, go find her and get your fix ASAP!

Fianco a Fianco, Owner Robyn Schwartz, Office: 214-613-3882, or Email: robyn@fiancoafianco.com

 
Enjoy, my friends and look out for my next blog when I'll share with you some killer Jam. That's right "Jam", watch out smuckers. :)

Happy Eating, Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment